Good summary of how to use them.. and which ones to use!
1. Take a huge whiff.
1. Take a huge whiff.
Self-explanatory and easy! This may be enough to help you change your focus (even slightly), and hopefully help you to feel a bit better about things. This method is especially good if you are really freaking out.
2. Add to your shower.
If you try adding a few drops of your favorite oil to the floor of your shower, your whole body will be immersed in an essential oil steam. Energetically, this will cleanse your aura and have a positive effect on your mind and emotions. Just cover the drain with a cloth or your foot for a couple of minutes, and breathe in the medicinal goodness.
3. Carry a sample with you.
Put a couple of drops onto a scarf, handkerchief or cotton pad and take it with you, or tuck it into your pocket or your bra. The scent of the oil will help support you throughout the day, and people will comment on how lovely the scent is. You will be sure to feel slightly better about life in general, as the energetic presence of the oil will bring you a sense of calm.
4. Try a nourishing body oil blend.
Usually I recommend using 3 teaspoons of carrier oil in a little dish and adding 7 - 8 drops of essential oil, to coat your whole body.
It's always best to patch test on your skin first, before you apply all over. You could also use this little blend to simply massage your hands or feet to help relax you.
Always put the drops of essential oil into the bottle or dish first, then add the carrier oil. It gives the scents time to create a synergistic fusion.
2. Scent your space with a diffuser.
Use 25 drops of oil In a traditional oil burner with a candle or a diffuser in your home to help you feel more comfortable.
Here are 13 of my favorite essential oils you can try:
1. Rose: the queen of oils to help with all stress issues
2. Frankincense: relaxing and aromatic
3. Lavender: soothing; builds solidarity and strength
4. Bergamot: calming; relieves mild anxiety
5. Marjoram: provides relief from emotional pain and grief
6. Vetiver: restores a sense of absolute grounding and cools those hot emotions
7. Chamomile: calming, soothing, medicinal
8. Lemon: gentle and refreshing
9. Geranium: cheery; helps to improve downward spiraling moods
10. Cinnamon: its sweetness invites you to love what you do for work
11. Fennel: helps you be kind to yourself
12. Rosewood: allows love flow to the heart center
13. Ylang Ylang: releases anger and frustation